We want you to work with our senior business development team to discover, engage and convert new clients to take on a journey of expansion in Asia.
You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 140+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in Asia. Over 33 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,000 western tech startups, scaleups and SMEs establish and grow in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia – generating upwards of $800 million in revenues for them.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social, health and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our Medtech & Life Sciences business development team. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll be supporting our global team across Europe, North America and Asia though research, outreach, proposals, account management and marketing.
You’ll be identifying high-growth potential companies from a diverse pool of innovative startups, scalueps and SMEs in fields including life science, diagnostics, biopharma and medical technology.
You’ll be engaging prospective clients daily – through emails, calls, F2F meetings, and occasional trade show visits. Your targets will include founders, CEOs, CCOs and CTOs, so you’ll need to establish credibility quickly. To do that, you’ll need a technical background to grasp the commercial and technical value propositions of your prospects and understand how to tailor our services to their needs.
You’ll have a chance to travel within Europe - and, occasionally, to the USA, Middle East and Asia - to meet clients, attend exhibitions and conferences, and see colleagues in our global offices.
You’ll have a full suite of tools at your disposal – from Salesforce CRM and Sales Navigator to a library of company decks and templates, as well as the day-to-day support and collective experience of your colleagues around the world.
What you'll be getting
- A competitive salary and holidays
- The chance to work with an international team (30+ nationalities and counting) within a diverse and open-minded company culture
- Opportunities to travel
- A chance to sharpen your business development, sales and consulting skills by learning from experienced colleagues
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues – seeing how people, ideas and technologies from around the world come together to create game-changing digital healthcare products, life-saving diagnostics and therapies, next-generation medical devices and more
What you'll need
- Interest in sales and marketing
- Degree in a relevant life sciences or medical-related subject, such as medicine, biology, chemistry, immunology, bio-engineering, etc.
- 2-3 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the pharma, medtech or healthcare industries
- Experience in international business, especially relating to Asia
- Ability to work in London and/or Abingdon (with UK work permit)
- Availability from early 2024
Finally, we’re an employee-owned company and – above all – we value excellence, honesty, dependability, and character.