About the job
The successful candidate should be able to quickly grasp the commercial and technical value proposition of companies across life science, pharma, diagnostics, medtech and other sectors and confidently recommend commercial targets and market entry strategies for Asia. The job requires greenfield outreach and engagement with C-suite and VP-level decision makers and the ability to lead them through a consultative sales process.
The position is a challenging one that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to network with technology entrepreneurs, as well as gain valuable skills and career-building experience.
The successful candidate will build on achievements to date and must be able to travel within North America and occasionally to Europe and Asia (as the pandemic permits) to meet clients and attend conferences.
Role and Responsibilities
Together with your managers and other colleagues, you will:
- Promote and sell the Company’s services to prospective clients in the United States and Canada as directed by your manager;
- Travel, as directed by your manager (pandemic permitting), for the purposes of promoting the Company’s services to and securing agreements with prospective clients;
- Manage, as directed by your manager, relationships with the Company’s existing clients;
- Support your manager with the Company’s marketing activities, including but not limited to online marketing, promotional events and other activities;
- Identify and keep records of prospective clients through a process of ongoing research;
- Access and present to decision makers inside prospective clients;
- Track and manage the status of prospective clients through a Salesforce database;
- Attend (virtual) trade shows, conferences and other events for the purposes of networking and meeting with prospective clients;
- Undertake new client inductions on behalf of the project teams in Asia and to submit detailed notes about the project objectives, the client’s products, technology, business model, value proposition, etc;
- Support your manager with the generation of press releases and news items for the Company’s website, e-newsletter and LinkedIn feed;
- Keep records to ensure that the directors of Intralink are kept informed of your activities;
- Undertake any reasonable tasks asked of you during office hours;
- Entertain clients and prospective clients (pandemic permitting) at the company’s expense;
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Intralink and client information obtained during the period of your employment;
- Sales and business development experience in a relevant technology sector, such as life science, pharma, medtech or diagnostics strongly preferred;
- A self-starter who can operate independently but as part of a global team;
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities;
- Deal driven and comfortable working to an annual sales target;
- Existing network of North American startups preferred;
- University degree in the biological sciences, biology or chemistry, etc;
- Fluent English speaker with excellent writing skills;
- Asian language ability, experience living and working in China, Japan or South Korea;
- Based in North America, ideally near tech clusters like Silicon Valley, Boston, Austin/Dallas, Research Triangle, etc;
- Experience or interest in business, East Asia and technology/innovation;
- Right to live and work in the US
This position is open and terms, including salary, will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Interested candidates should apply using the form below.