You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 120+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in Asia. Over 32 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,000 western tech startups, scaleups and SMEs establish and grow in China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan – generating upwards of $500 million in revenues for our clients.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our European Business Development team so, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
As a BD manager, you’ll be interacting with the region’s top tech innovators daily – through emails, calls, F2F meetings and trade show visits. You’ll be identifying your targets and building relationships, developing proposals and closing deals as well as engaging clients post-sale.
The job may seem simple – you’ll promote Intralink’s services in DACH and beyond.
But every client, sector and target market is different. This means that being able to listen and adjust on the fly is just as important as a confident, well-polished pitch.
You’ll often be talking to founders, CEOs, and CTOs. You don’t need a deep technical background, but you should be able quickly to grasp the commercial and technical value propositions of companies across a range of high-growth sectors including software, renewable energy, automotive and electronics.
You’ll travel within DACH and occasionally to other parts of Europe and Asia to meet clients, attend conferences, and see colleagues in our global offices.
You’ll have a full suite of tools at your disposal – from Salesforce CRM and Sales Navigator to a library of company decks and templates – as well as the day-to-day support and collective experience of your colleagues.
Finally, we’re an employee-owned company and, above all, we value excellence, honesty, dependability and character.
What you'll be getting
- A competitive salary and vacation
- The chance to work with an international team (30+ nationalities and counting!) within a diverse and open-minded company culture
- Ample opportunities for career advancement and responsibility
- Opportunities to travel within Europe and Asia
- A chance to sharpen your sales, consulting and business development skills by learning from best-in-class consultants and business builders
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues – seeing how people, ideas and technologies from around the world come together to create self-driving cars, fuel cells, game-changing software, life-saving medical devices and more
What you'll need
- Excellent spoken and written German (an absolute must!) and English – to get complex ideas across to prospects and to understand the intricacies of their businesses
- Ideally, Asian language ability and experience of living and working in Korea, Japan, or China – to relate to our company’s history and mission
- An understanding of the DACH/European business and venture capital environment – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- A genuine interest in technology, sustainability and international business – to pitch Intralink confidently and passionately
- 1-3 years of sales/business development experience in relevant technology sectors such as software, data analytics, renewable energy, automotive, electronics, life sciences – to bring your own flair to the job
- The ability to work independently while being very much a part of a team
- A university degree in business, management, Asian studies, or a technical/engineering field