The role offers the successful candidate valuable career-building experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with European, Middle Eastern and North American governments in the Chinese market. Key responsibilities include foreign direct investment attraction, event planning, government & business delegation visit coordination, research analysis, account management and interpretation.
As a Beijing-based role, this position is ideal for a Chinese national who has lived, studied and worked in an English-speaking country at university level, but has returned to China to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in China and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
What you'll be doing
- Planning, research and analysis using info gathered in Chinese and English from the internet, email and phone communication
- Conducting 'hands-on' business development and government work for foreign governments in China
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communicating client’s value proposition to Chinese target investors, partners and customers
- Supporting the whole outward FDI attraction process from preliminary due diligence, initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Developing basic marketing material targeted at prospective Chinese investors, and contributing to knowledge initiatives for FDI advocacy
- Supporting marketing activities on behalf of foreign government clients in China, including webinars, social media account management, trade show representation, and events
- Supporting visits from government and business delegations in China
- Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Chinese investors
- Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
What you'll be getting
- Competitive salary and vacation
- International office environment and work culture – no 996!
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- A chance to sharpen your sales, consultancy and business development skills by learning from best-in-class consultants and business builders
- An opportunity to make a difference by enabling green transformation through international collaboration
What you'll need
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English – an absolute must!
- Experience in research, particularly related to foreign direct investment and/or technology
- Work experience in (or closely with) China
- Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment, market drivers, trends and culture
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in government representation/EDO/government services or business development
- Experience working in technology, including but not limited to medtech, fintech, biotech, agtech
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business
If that sounds like the career path for you, apply below and we hope to see you at an interview soon.
Target start date: August 2022 (subject to availability)