This position is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment, and (2) Korean hi-tech companies expanding globally.
As a Seoul-based role, this position is ideal for a Korean national who has lived, studied and worked in an English-speaking country at university level, but has returned to Korea to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in Korea and are fluent in spoken & written Korean.
- Conducting 'hands-on' business development and government work on behalf of foreign governments in Korea
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communication client’s value proposition to Korean target investors, partners and customers
- Managing the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Managing marketing activities on behalf of government clients in Korea, including webinars, trade show representation and networking events
- Arranging and supporting visits from government and business delegations in Korea
- Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Korean investors
- Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
- Fluent spoken and written Korean & English – an absolute must!
- Experience in government/EDO, sales, business development, strategy consultancy or technology
- Substantial work experience in (or closely with) Korea
- Thorough understanding of the Korean business environment and an interest in Korea
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in government representation/EDO
- Experience working in technology, including but not limited to medtech, fintech, biotech
- Experience in business development
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business