This position is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment, and (2) Chinese hi-tech companies expanding globally.
As a Beijing-based role, this position is ideal for a Chinese national who has lived, studied and worked in an English-speaking country at university level, but has returned to China and gained substantial government service experience in-country. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in China and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
- Conducting 'hands-on' business development and government work on behalf of foreign governments in China
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communication client’s value proposition to Chinese target investors, partners and customers
- Managing the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Managing marketing activities on behalf of government clients in China, including webinars, trade show representation and networking events
- Arranging and supporting visits from government and business delegations in China
- Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Chinese investors
- Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English – an absolute must!
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in government/EDO, investment promotion or trade
- Substantial work experience in (or closely with) China
- Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment and an interest in China
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in foreign government representation/EDO/government services in China
- Experience working in technology, including but not limited to medtech, fintech, biotech
- Experience in investment promotion
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business