This position is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment, and (2) Chinese hi-tech companies expanding globally.
As a Beijing-based role, this position is ideal for a Chinese national who has lived, studied and worked in an English-speaking country at university level, but has returned to China to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in China and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
- Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Chinese and English from the internet, email and phone communication
- Conducting 'hands-on' business development and government work on behalf of foreign governments in China
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communication client’s value proposition to Chinese target investors, partners and customers
- Supporting the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Supporting marketing activities on behalf of government clients in China, including webinars, trade show representation and networking events
- Supporting visits from government and business delegations in China
- Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Chinese investors
- Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English – an absolute must!
- Experience in research, particularly related to foreign direct investment and/or technology
- Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment and an interest in China
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in government representation/EDO
- Experience working in technology, including but not limited to medtech, fintech, biotech
- Experience in business development
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business