You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 120+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in East Asia. Over 32 years in the business, been instrumental in helping western governments attract investment from Asia. We’ve also helped more than 1,000 western tech startups and scaleups establish and grow in Mainland China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan – generating upwards of $500 million in revenues for our clients.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our team in Taipei. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
You’ll be working with our government clients from North America and Europe.
You’ll be the on-the-ground representative of your clients’ investment promotion and trade department, with the overarching goals of 1) attracting foreign direct investment from Taiwan, and 2) supporting western companies’ growth in Taiwan.
You’ll be managing the investment cycle – from initial lead generation to outreach, negotiation, closing deals, and account management.
In your day-to-day, you’ll be identifying, meeting, pitching to and gathering crucial feedback from your clients’ potential partners and customers in Taiwan, developing a funnel and fine-tuning the market strategy.
When the time is right, you will arrange for your clients to visit Taiwan – supporting crucial visits from business & governmental delegations. You’ll be their local expert – taking them to key customer meetings, interpreting and providing the incredibly important cultural context to business conversations.
You’ll be working closely with your clients and providing them with key progress indicators in the form of meeting notes, reports, and sync calls.
- Conducting 'hands-on' investment promotion, business development and government work on behalf of western governments in Taiwan
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and communicating client’s value proposition to Taiwanese target investors, partners and customers
- Managing the whole overseas investment process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals
- Providing trade & market entry support services to western companies interested in exporting to Taiwan
- Managing marketing activities on behalf of our government clients in Taiwan, including webinars, trade show representation and networking events
- Planning, organizing and executing events with the purpose of attracting foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Arranging and supporting visits from government and business delegations in Taiwan
- Interpreting and acting as a liaison between foreign governments and prospective Taiwanese investors
- Reporting to clients via regular meeting notes and reports in English
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
What you'll be getting
- Competitive salary and vacation
- International office environment and work culture – no 996!
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- On-the-job experience across multiple industries, working at the forefront of government services and with western startups and Asian tech giants
- A chance to sharpen your sales, consultancy and business development skills by learning from best-in-class consultants and business builders
- An opportunity to make a difference by enabling green transformation through international collaboration
What you'll need
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese – to get complex ideas across from clients to customers/investors and vice versa
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in government/EDO, investment promotion or trade – to bring your own flair to the job
- A thorough understanding of the Taiwanese business environment – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- An interest in technology, sustainability and international business – to operate within multi-tiered supply chains and with multiple stakeholders
- Ideally but not essentially, experience in the semiconductor, life sciences, medical device, automotive, electronics, automotive, battery or renewables sectors – so you can hit the ground running
If that sounds like the career path for you, apply below and we hope to see you at an interview soon.