If that’s yes to all three, you may be who we are looking for to join our team.
You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 140+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in Asia. Over 34 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,500 western tech startups and scaleups establish and grow in Mainland China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia – generating upwards of $800 million in revenues for our clients.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our Medtech & Life Sciences team in Shanghai. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working with our international clients from high-growth sectors such as biotech, diagnostics, pharma, medical devices, equipment and many more.
You’ll be the on-the-ground extension of your clients’ business development departments, with an overarching goal of developing and implementing the right growth strategies in the Chinese market.
You’ll be managing the entire sales and licensing cycle – from initial lead generation to outreach, negotiation, closing deals, and account management.
In your day-to-day, you’ll be identifying, meeting, pitching to and gathering crucial feedback from your clients’ potential customers and partners in China, developing a sales funnel and fine-tuning the market strategy.
You’ll be working closely with your clients and providing them with key progress indicators in the form of meeting notes, reports, and sync calls.
When the time is right, you will arrange for your clients to visit China. You’ll be their local expert – taking them to key customer meetings, interpreting and providing the incredibly important cultural context to business conversations.
What you'll be getting
- Competitive salary and vacation
- International office environment and work culture – no 996!
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- On-the-job experience across multiple industries, working at the forefront of technological development and sustainable innovation with western startups and Asian tech giants
- A chance to sharpen your sales, consultancy and business development skills by learning from best-in-class consultants and business builders
- An opportunity to make a difference by enabling green transformation through international collaboration
What you'll need
- Excellent spoken and written Chinese and English – to get complex ideas across from clients to customers and vice versa
- An understanding of the Chinese business environment – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- An interest in technology, sustainability and international business – to operate within multi-tiered supply chains and with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in research, sales and/or marketing – to bring your own flair to the job
- Ideally but not essentially, 1-3 years’ experience in the medical, life sciences or engineering sectors – so you can hit the ground running
If that sounds like the career path for you, get in touch and we hope to see you at an interview soon.
* Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered