You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 100+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in East Asia. Over 32 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,000 western tech startups and scaleups establish and grow in Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan – generating upwards of $500 million in revenues for our clients.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our team in Seoul. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
What you'll be doing
- You’ll be working with our international clients from high-growth sectors such as renewable energy, electric and self-driving vehicles, industrial robotics, consumer electronics, AI-powered software, next-gen telecoms, digital media and life sciences.
- You’ll be the on-the-ground extension of our clients’ business development departments, with an overarching goal of developing and implementing the right growth strategy in the Korean market.
- You’ll be managing the entire sales and licensing process – from initial lead generation to outreach, negotiation, closing deals, and account management.
- In your day-to-day, you’ll be identifying, meeting, pitching to and gathering crucial feedback from your clients’ potential customers and partners in Korea, developing a sales funnel and fine-tuning the market strategy.
- You’ll be working closely with your clients and providing them with key progress indicators in the form of meeting notes, reports, and sync calls.
- When the time is right, you will arrange for your clients to visit Korea. You’ll be their local expert – taking them to key customer meetings, interpreting and providing the incredibly important cultural context to business conversations.
- Through all this, you’ll learn about consulting and get first-hand experience in making international business happen.
What you'll be getting
Competitive salary and vacation, plus flexible working arrangements
Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
On-the-job experience across multiple industries, working at the forefront of technological development and sustainable innovation with western startups and Asian tech giants
A chance to sharpen your sales and business development skills by learning from best-in-class salespeople and business builders
An opportunity to make a difference by enabling green transformation through international collaboration
What you'll need
- Excellent spoken and written Korean and English – to get complex ideas across from clients to customers and vice versa
- An understanding of the Korean business environment – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- An interest in technology, sustainability and international business – to operate within multi-tiered supply chains and with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in research, sales and/or marketing – to bring your own flair to the job
- Ideally but not essentially, experience in the life sciences, software or data analytics sectors – so you can hit the ground running
If that sounds like the career path for you, apply below and we hope to see you at an interview soon.