Intralink is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate for a client & customer-facing, business development/sales/strategy consultancy role.
The role involves proactively running hands-on business development projects with a range of responsibilities, including business development and sales, market entry strategy development, account management and interpretation. The position is a challenging one that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain valuable skills and career-building experience.
As a Shanghai-based role, this position is ideal for a Chinese national who has lived and studied in an English-speaking country at university level, but wants to return to China to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are currently residing in China and are fluent in spoken & written Chinese.
- Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Chinese and English from the internet, phone calls and face-to-face meetings
- Identifying, contacting, meeting, and presenting to Chinese target customers/partners
- Managing the whole sales process from initial lead generation to negotiation, closing deals, and account management
- Driving business discussions to identify the best route to market for Intralink’s clients (direct sales, licensing, channel selection)
- Developing and implementing long-term market-entry strategies for Intralink’s clients
- Interpretation and technical liaison between Intralink’s client and local Chinese customers
- Writing regular meeting notes and reports in English for clients
- Arranging client visits and accompanying clients on market visits in China
- Other related business development and administrative tasks
- Fluent spoken and written Chinese & English
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Experience in sales, business development, strategy consultancy or technology
- Minimum three years of work experience in (or closely with) China
- Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment and an interest in China
- Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Relevant experience working in or with technology, including but not limited to software, semiconductors, engineering, medtech, telecoms, energy, biotechnology, pharma, ad tech and automotive
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to Alex Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +86 (0)21 6426 3709.