The Intralink Tokyo office is a bilingual working environment located close to Shinbashi Station. This appointment is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) western hi-tech companies in supporting business development and (2) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment. The role offers the successful candidate valuable career-building experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with European and US governments as well as western companies from various sectors supporting their interest in Japanese market.
As a research analyst based in Tokyo, your focus will be on 'hands-on' business development support and government work. You will work as part of a small team and your responsibilities will be broad-ranging with the goal of securing the best, long-term solutions for our clients via:
- Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Japanese and English from the internet, email and phone communication
- Identifying and contacting Japanese target customers/partners
- Communicating client’s value proposition to the potential customers/partners (mainly in Japanese)
- Writing reports (in English) for clients
- Native or near-native English with strong oral and written presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written business Japanese
- Working experience in Japan involving conducting research in Japanese
In addition, candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in business development in Japan
- Experience in government work
- Experience working in technology, such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, semiconductors or biotechnology
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business
- Strong technical skills
This is a local-hire position and you will be based out of our Tokyo office and report to our directors in Tokyo. Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to Will Jasprizza, Managing Director, Intralink Japan, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +81 (0)3 5579 9278.