This position is the ideal opportunity for someone interested in working with (1) western hi-tech companies in supporting business development and (2) foreign governments’ economic development offices in the areas of trade and investment. The role offers the successful candidate valuable career-building experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with European and US governments as well as western companies from various sectors supporting their interest in the Taiwanese market.
As a Taipei-based role, this position is ideal for a Taiwanese national who has lived and studied in an English-speaking country at university level and has returned to Taiwan to leverage skills learned abroad. We also welcome applications from foreign candidates who are are fluent in spoken & written Chinese and English.
Your focus will be on 'hands-on' business development support and government work on behalf of foreign governments in Taiwan and mainland China. You will work as part of several project teams and your responsibilities will be broad-ranging with the goal of securing the best, long-term solutions for our clients via:
- Planning, research and analysis using information gathered in Chinese and English from the internet, email and phone communication
- Identifying and contacting Taiwanese target customers/partners
- Communicating client’s value proposition to the potential customers/partners (mainly in Chinese)
- Writing reports (in English) for clients
- Native or near-native English with strong oral and written presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written business Chinese
- Working experience in Taiwan or mainland China involving conducting research in Chinese
- Thorough understanding of the Chinese business environment
Candidates with the following experience will be given preference:
- Experience in business development in Chinese
- Experience in government work
- Experience working in technology, such as consumer electronics, semicon or biotechnology
- A degree in government, science, engineering or business
- Strong technical skills
Additional information & Applications
Intralink is a dynamic, international business development consultancy with a deep specialism in East Asia. We enable Western companies to expand in China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan – fast, easily and costeffectively. We have a 30-year track record and 80 employees in Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Taipei, London, Oxford, Boston and Silicon Valley.
In Greater China, we’re a friendly, ambitious team of 20 and growing. We’re privileged to work with an inspiring range of US and European clients — from tech start-ups to multinationals – as well as some of the biggest companies in mainland China and Taiwan.