We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social and economic challenges. And we’re growing our Medtech & Life Sciences team in Tokyo. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 140+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in East Asia. Over 33 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,000 western tech startups and scaleups establish and grow in Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan – generating upwards of $750 million in revenues for our clients.
You’ll be working with our international clients from high-growth sectors such as biotech, medical devices and life sciences.
You’ll be the on-the-ground extension of your clients’ business development departments, with an overarching goal of developing and implementing the right growth strategy in the Japanese market.
You’ll be managing the entire sales and licensing cycle – from initial lead generation to outreach, negotiation, closing deals, and account management.
In your day-to-day, you’ll be identifying, meeting, pitching to and gathering crucial feedback from your clients’ potential customers and partners in Japan, developing a sales funnel and fine-tuning the market strategy.
You’ll be working closely with your clients and providing them with key progress indicators in the form of meeting notes, reports, and sync calls.
When the time is right, you will arrange for your clients to visit Japan. You’ll be their local expert – taking them to key customer meetings, interpreting and providing the incredibly important cultural context to business conversations.
Through all this, you’ll learn about consulting and get first-hand experience in making international business happen.
What you'll be getting
- Competitive salary and vacation, plus flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- On-the-job experience across multiple market segments, working at the forefront of technological development and sustainable innovation with western startups and Asian tech giants
- A chance to sharpen your sales and business development skills by learning from best-in-class salespeople and business builders
- An opportunity to make a difference by enabling healthcare transformation through international collaboration
What you'll need
- Fluent spoken and written Japanese and English – to get complex ideas across from clients to customers and vice versa
- An understanding of the Japanese business environment and the healthcare system – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in Japan in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, IVD or life sciences industries – to bring relevant expertise and network with you
- Demonstrable experience in sales and/or business development – to bring your own flair to the job
- Ideally but not essentially, a degree in science or business
If that sounds like the career path for you, apply below and we hope to see you at an interview soon.