You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 140+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in Asia. Over 34 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,500 western tech start-ups, scale-ups and SMEs establish and grow in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia – generating upwards of $800 million in revenues for our clients.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our UK Business Development team so, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on.
What you'll be doing
As BD Director, you’ll be interacting with UK's top tech innovators daily – through emails, calls, F2F meetings and trade show visits. You’ll be identifying your targets and building relationships, developing proposals and closing deals as well as engaging clients post-sale.
You’ll often be talking to founders, CEOs, and CTOs. You don’t need a deep technical background, but you should be able quickly to grasp the commercial and technical value propositions of companies across a range of high-growth sectors including software, renewable energy, automotive and electronics.
You’ll travel within the UK and occasionally to Asia to meet clients, attend conferences, and see colleagues in our global offices.
You’ll have a full suite of tools at your disposal – from Salesforce CRM and Sales Navigator to a library of company decks and templates – as well as the day-to-day support and collective experience of your colleagues.
Finally, we’re an employee-owned company and, above all, we value excellence, honesty, dependability and character.
What you'll be getting
- A competitive salary and vacation
- The chance to work with an international team (30+ nationalities and counting!) within a diverse and open-minded company culture
- Ample opportunities for career advancement and responsibility
- Opportunities to travel within Europe and Asia
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues – seeing how people, ideas and technologies from around the world come together to create self-driving cars, fuel cells, game-changing software, life-saving medical devices and more
What you'll need
- Native/fluent English – to get complex ideas across to prospects and to understand the intricacies of their businesses
- Ideally, knowledge of China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan or SE Asia – to relate to our company’s history and mission
- An understanding of the UK business, venture capital and tech environment – to identify the right companies and people to engage
- A genuine interest in technology, sustainability and international business – to pitch Intralink confidently and passionately
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience in relevant technology sectors such as software, telecoms, renewable energy, automotive, electronics – to bring your own flair to the job
- The ability to work independently while being very much a part of a team
- A university degree in business, management, Asian studies, or in a technical/engineering field
If that sounds like the career path for you, apply below and we hope to see you at an interview soon.