You’ll work alongside a diverse group of 130+ business development consultants with a deep specialism in Asia. Over 33 years in the business, we’ve helped more than 1,000 western tech startups, scaleups and SMEs establish and grow in China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia – generating upwards of $500 million in revenues for them.
We’re focused on the technologies and ideas that are helping to solve the world’s social, health and environmental challenges. And we’re growing our DACH business development team. So, if you think you’re up for the challenge, read on – and apply.
As a BD Director, you’ll be interacting with prospective clients daily – through emails, calls, F2F meetings, and trade show visits.
Your role is to promote our services and grow our business throughout the DACH region, focusing on the life science, diagnostics, biopharma and medical technology sectors.
You’ll be identifying your targets from a diverse pool of innovative startups, SMEs and corporates. You’ll be building relationships, developing proposals, and closing deals – as well as looking after your clients post-sale.
You’ll be talking to founders, CEOs, CCOs and CTOs, so you’ll need to build rapport and establish credibility quickly. You’ll need a technical background, preferably in biosciences, to grasp the commercial and technical value propositions of your prospects and understand how to tailor our services to their needs.
You’ll travel within DACH and Europe - as well as, occasionally, to the USA, Middle East and Asia, - to meet clients, attend exhibitions and conferences, and see colleagues in our global offices.
You’ll have a full suite of tools at your disposal – from Salesforce CRM and Sales Navigator to a library of company decks and templates – as well as the day-to-day support and collective experience of your colleagues around the world.
Finally, we’re an employee-owned company and – above all – we value excellence, honesty, dependability, and character.
What you'll be getting
- A competitive salary and holidays
- The chance to work with an international team (30+ nationalities and counting) within a diverse and open-minded company culture
- Opportunities to travel within EMEA and Asia
- A chance to sharpen your business development, sales and consulting skills by learning from experienced colleagues
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies addressing some of the world’s most pressing issues – seeing how people, ideas and technologies from around the world come together to create game-changing digital healthcare products, life-saving diagnostics and therapies, next-generation medical devices and more
What you'll need
- Fluent spoken and written German and English
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience in relevant sectors such as biopharma, diagnostics, medtech , life sciences – to bring your own flair to the job
- The ability to work independently while being part of a team
- Be based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
- A degree/Masters in a bioscience or medical-related subject
- Some experience of living in or working with Korea, Japan or China
- An understanding of the DACH business and venture capital environments
- Experience in selling or delivering consulting services