We’ve joined forces with Tech Nation, the UK growth platform for tech companies, to help pioneering British scaleups expand into Asia.
The initiative has been commissioned by the British Government – as part of the Digital Trade Network – to cement the UK’s position as a global innovation powerhouse by boosting technology firms’ growth across the Asia Pacific region.
We’ll initially work with Tech Nation to help nine cutting-edge companies break into the Japanese and South Korean markets.
Our Asia-based teams will provide the firms with three months’ fully subsidised, on-the-ground business development support. This will include dedicated in-country research, targeted outreach, supported video calls with interested prospective customers and partners and guidance on market strategy.
We’ve worked with Tech Nation to choose the first scaleups to receive this support amongst 800 which have been through the organisation’s growth programmes in recent years. Selection was based on a range of factors including product readiness, market suitability and track record.
The nine companies are:
- Featurespace - an award-winning adaptive behavioural analytics firm specialising in fraud prevention and anti money laundering transaction monitoring
- Hadean - a distributed computing software company with a platform for large-scale, real-time connected applications
- PPC Protect – a firm which develops fraud prevention technologies to eliminate invalid ad clicks across paid search, display and video channels
- Smartia - an industrial intelligence company providing AI solutions to transform industrial data into actionable insights
- Cambridge Intelligence – a business developing data visualisation tools which discover fraud and hidden cyber threats
- Wazoku – a Software-as-a-Service developer focused on facilitating innovation
- Angoka – an IoT security company protecting M2M communications for smart cities and mobility
- Azoomee – a learning-based entertainment service for children
- Dragonfly AI – an innovative software provider that helps companies predict, analyse and influence human attention
Tech Nation’s Head of International, Sam Evans, said: “As the world’s third and 10th largest economies, Japan and South Korea represent massive opportunities for UK tech scaleups. These countries not only have large domestic populations but are home to world-beating multinationals, so partnerships with the right companies also offer routes to global markets.
“We’re delighted to be working with Intralink, whom we chose because of their 30-year track record of helping British scaleups grow in East Asia and the depth of their relationships across the region."
If you think we could help your company expand in Asia, contact Alex Gover at firstname.lastname@example.org